Sweet Potato Hash
Ingredients: Makes 2 servings
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 red pepper
- 4 whole eggs
- Black pepper and salt to taste
- Granulated Garlic to taste
- One large cucumber
- Peel and chop 2 medium sweet potatoes, cucumber and red peppers.
- Place sweet potatoes in skillet over medium heat and cover with lid for five minutes. I like to spray the skillet with cooking spray to help reduce the amount of fat in the dish.
- After 5 minutes stir potatoes and add red peppers and cover with lid.
- Once the Potatoes and peppers are tender, crack 4 whole eggs of potatoes and cover
- Cook until the yolks are done to your preferred doneness (I like mine somewhat runny)
- Split into half and serve with fresh cucumbers.
“If you fail to plan, plan to fail!”
Prepping your meals on Sunday is one of the best ways to make eating during the week easy and convenient. When making your meals, try and find foods that are easy to make and that you enjoy. Many people when starting a new nutrition program make the mistake of making bland food that isn’t enjoyable, (I know I was guilty of this.) You have to find nutrient dense foods that you love and fit them into your meal preps.
For example: Tomatoes are a great source of vitamins and minerals and are relatively low in calories. I HATE tomatoes, so I don’t put them in my meals. I find alternative foods that have the same nutrition benefits and add those instead. Many people try to force down nasty shakes, protein bars and pre-made meals because that’s what some one told them worked for them, or it’s the only way to lose weight. You need to find what works for you and stick with it.
So, when planning your meals for the week, think of what you enjoy and plan accordingly.
Welcome everyone to LVEFitness. Hope to get this blog going with fitness tips, meal prep ideas, recipes, and fitness and nutrition motivation!