Quick and easy meal for a hectic Friday!!!
- Leftover shredded chicken made in the Slow Cooker
- Black Beans
- Baby Carrots
- Chop asparagus and saute in pan until tender (seasoned with salt, pepper, and garlic)
- Drain and rinse black beans, once the asparagus is done remove and cook beans in same pan.
- I used leftover chicken breast that was made in the slow cooker (Cooked for 8 hours on low, seasoned with garlic salt, pepper and paprika)
- Served with 5 ounces of baby carrots
*Salsa goes well with this dish
Feel free to fill this questionnaire out and I can get back to you with some custom meal plans
“Failure is an event, not a person”
– Zig Ziglar
Everyday we are faced with obstacles that will challenge our goals. If you have a moment of weakness and fail to stay the course, you are not a failure. You are simply human. Do not let one bad meal or one missed workout, derail all the hard work you have already done.
So, if you fail in one moment, get up, and get back to your plan and kick your goals in the ass!
The Run: wake up time 5:00 am
This morning’s cardio was a 2.5 mile run. I have heavy leg training later today, so didn’t want to do too much. I also like to do a mix of HIIT and steady state cardio to work all aspects of my fitness.
Tracked by fitbit fitness stats:
Distance: 2.29 miles
Calories burned: 337
Average heart rate: 141 BPM
Sweet Potato Hash
Ingredients: Makes 2 servings
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 red pepper
- 4 whole eggs
- Black pepper and salt to taste
- Granulated Garlic to taste
- One large cucumber
- Peel and chop 2 medium sweet potatoes, cucumber and red peppers.
- Place sweet potatoes in skillet over medium heat and cover with lid for five minutes. I like to spray the skillet with cooking spray to help reduce the amount of fat in the dish.
- After 5 minutes stir potatoes and add red peppers and cover with lid.
- Once the Potatoes and peppers are tender, crack 4 whole eggs of potatoes and cover
- Cook until the yolks are done to your preferred doneness (I like mine somewhat runny)
- Split into half and serve with fresh cucumbers.
Welcome everyone to LVEFitness. Hope to get this blog going with fitness tips, meal prep ideas, recipes, and fitness and nutrition motivation!