Fajitas style Chicken Breast with Onions, Peppers & Black Beans
- 2 Chicken breast
- 1 Red pepper
- 1 Vidalia onion
- 1 Tbsp of Olive oil
- 1 Can of Goya Black Beans
- Taco seasoning of your choice
- Cut chicken into somewhat even chunks and place in a Ziploc bag.
- Cover in taco seasoning and mix together.
- Heat up a pan and spray with cooking spray.
- Place chicken in the pan, cooking for about 5 minutes each side.
- Take Chicken out of the pan and let rest.
- Add 1 Tablespoon of Olive oil to the pan and add chopped onions and peppers, cooking until tender.
- Rinse and drain black beans and cook in a pan until warm.
” A goal without a plan is only a dream”
You cannot reach your goals without discipline and consistency. You have to make a plan to each our goals no matter what it is. Then everyday wake up and consistently work to achieve whatever it is we want to acheive.
Will it be hard? Yes
Will we stumble along the way? Yes
Will people try and crush your destroy your goals and tell you that it is impossible? You bet they will. But remember, remember it’s only impossible until someone does it.
You are the one that has to wake-up every morning and look at yourself in the mirror and honestly say “did I do everything I could today to reach my goals?”.
So, wake up each day and consistently work on what you want to achieve with an unwavering will to succeed!
As Tracked by Fitbit Charge
Today”s HIIT cardio was : Intervals of a light jog followed by 2 minute hard run. I did this for 2 miles and the last .15 miles was a light cool down. I tried to get the 2 miles done in under 16 minutes, but just missed it (average pace was a 8:02).
- 1 pound of sweet potatoes $.99 per pound
- 1 red pepper $.73 per pepper
- 4 eggs $1.66 per dozen= $.55 for 4
- 1 large cucumber $.75 per large cucumber
Total cost= $3.02 for the whole meal, that feeds 2
*Price are based on National Average
Eating healthy doesn’t have to cost you an arm and a leg. You can make very simple healthy meals for less than a value meal at McDonald’s.
Buying meat at the market that is getting ready to expire is usually sold at a discounted price. Buying foods like this, then freezing them allows you to use them when money is short. Buy fresh veggies and not the steamed bags. Make your own coffee at home instead of going to Starbucks.
Making small changes in your spending can make a huge difference over time
“You only live once, but if you do it right that is enough”
– Joe Louis
Live everyday to its fullest. Make sure you wake up every morning with a passion to improve your life. Make the effort to do something to improve your life or someone else’s. Life is to short not to chase your dreams!
Tracked by my Fitbit Charge
Great way to wake yourself up on Gloomy Monday morning.
This is 7.5 ounces of pulled chicken thighs, 1/2 cup of rice, 4.5 ounces of broccoli and 4.5 ounces of carrots.
This looks like one of my average meals I have during the week, which isn’t usually a big deal. All the food fits into my specific nutrient plan.
But, when you bring your own meals to a gathereing that you know will not have foods that fit your nutrition plan. It can be challenging.
You have your own personal goals that you are striving to achieve. DO NOT, allow others to take you off your path. Do not give into peer pressures. It is not their life that is being affected by what you put into your body. Continue to stay the course and have the self-discipline to stick to your plan of action.
This is my large lunch meal prep for the week
- Chicken Thighs (hand trim fat)
- Little potatoes
- Salt, pepper, garlic
- Taco seasoning
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- Chicken: Hand-trim fat off the thighs, place thighs in an aluminum cooking pan and cover with taco seasoning. Add half a cup of water to the bottom of the pan and cover with 2 layers of aluminum foil. Place pan on a cooking sheet and cook for 2.5 hours. After the 2.5 hours take out of the oven, keeping pan covered, let stand for another 30 minutes.
Potatoes: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Quarter the little potatoes and spread onto a greased cooking sheet. Spray potatoes with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste. Place in oven and cook until tender. When tender, take out spray with cooking spray and place in broiler until the tops are crisped.
Rice: In a large pot bring 7 cups of water to a boil. Place 1.5 cups of rice into the pot and cover, stirring occasionally. Cook until all water has been absorbed by the rice. I like my rice kind of think and sticky.
This recipe is how I make my own oatmeal protein bars
Oatmeal Bar ingredients (Yields 5 bars):
- Combine all ingredients in to a bowl and mix together.
- Cover and place place in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, split into 5 even bars or 25 even oatmeal balls
- Wrap in parchment paper to store in the refrigerator.
Below is the macros for one bar according to my Loseit App
- Calories 222
- Fats 5 g
- Carbs 32 g
- Protein 16 g
2 miles on the old Elliptical is a Sunday favorite for me. It’s low impact, and I like to stay on my toes to give me a good burn in my calves.