As part of my Recipes Made Simple Cooking Guide, one of my favorite sides to use are sweet potatoes. This recipe is very simple. All you will need is 1 large sweet potato, 1 tablespoon of cinnamon and cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 400-degrees
- Peel potato and cut into fries
- Spread fries onto a baking sheet and spray with cooking spray.
- Evenly coat the fries with 1 tablespoon of cinnamon.
- Place into the oven and cook until tender usually 15-20 minutes depending on how thick you cut your fries.
Optional: once tender, spray the fries one more time and place in the broiler on low for 2 minutes. This will give the fries a little extra crisp.
Full recipe: Jalapeño and Onion Burger
Cheap Ebook Cookbooks for Beginners:
Meal Prep: The Best Meal Prep Recipes Cookbook for Preparing Clean, Delicious, and Nutritious Meals (Meal Prep, Meal Prep Cookbook, Meal Planning 1)
Crockpot Cookbook: 100 Quick and Easy Recipes for Healthy Slow Cooker Meals (Crockpot Recipes, Crock Pot Cookbook, Crock Pot Recipes Cookbook, Slow Cooker Recipes)
Clean Eating: 25 Healthy Recipes to Lose Weight with Amazing Speed
30 Healthy Dinner Recipes For Rapid Weight Loss: Impress Your Loved One! (Best Recipes for Dieters Cookbook Book 1)
For more Recipes Made Simple, follow me on Pinterest @mvernst07
And for help planning meals visit $5 Meal Plan
Grilled Jalapeno and Onion Burgers
Ingredients: (3 Servings)
- 16 Ounces of 93/7 Ground Beef
- 2 Ounces of Diced White Onions
- 1 Ounce of Diced Jalapeno
- 1 Teaspoons Black Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Granulated Garlic
- 8 Ounces of Broccoli
- 8 Ounces of Carrots
Sweet Potato Fries
- 2 Medium sized Sweet Potatoes
- 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
- Dice Onions and Jalapenos
- In a bowl mix all burger ingredients together and form into 3 even sized patties
- Throw onto the grill for 5-8 minutes each side.
- Steam Fresh Broccoli and Carrots until tender.
Sweet Potato Fries:
- Skin and slice the sweet potatoes into fries
- Place fries onto a greased cooking sheet and spray with cooking spray, sprinkle cinnamon on top then mix together, evenly coating the potatoes in cinnamon.
- Bake at 400-degrees for 20 minutes, then put under the broiler on low for two more minutes to crisp the tops.
Once all the food is ready: plate, serve and Enjoy
Estimated Nutrients: Per Serving
Fats: 11 grams
Carbohydrate: 40 grams
Fiber: 12 grams
Protein: 47 grams
Follow me on Pinterest for more recipes @mvernst07
Stuffed Peppers with Black Beans and Onions
Ingredients: (4 Servings)
- 1 Pound Ground Beef ( I use 91/9 from Costco)
- 4 Peppers
- 4 Ounces Vidalia Onion
- 1 Cup Black Beans
- 1 Large Cucumber
- ¼ Cup Shredded Cheese
- Seasonings: McCormick Montreal Steak Seasoning
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet, season with steak seasoning.
- Finely chop the 4 ounces of onion.
- Cut the tops off the Peppers and remove seeds.
- Mix Beef, beans and Onions together in the pan and separate evenly into the four Peppers.
- Place Stuffed Peppers into a deep baking dish and cover with tinfoil.
- Bake in the oven at 400 degrees for 30 min.
- After 25 minute remove tinfoil and top with cheese, place back in oven and cook for 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Chop Cucumbers, plate and Enjoy!!!
Nutrients: Per Serving
Fats: 13 grams
Carbohydrate: 19 grams
Protein: 30 grams
*Nutrients from the Lose it! App
If you look at the meals I cook, I use many of the same ingredients, just prepared differently. This makes my shopping very easy during the week and cuts down the price.