As part of my Recipes Made Simple Cooking Guide, one of my favorite sides to use are sweet potatoes. This recipe is very simple. All you will need is 1 large sweet potato, 1 tablespoon of cinnamon and cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 400-degrees
- Peel potato and cut into fries
- Spread fries onto a baking sheet and spray with cooking spray.
- Evenly coat the fries with 1 tablespoon of cinnamon.
- Place into the oven and cook until tender usually 15-20 minutes depending on how thick you cut your fries.
Optional: once tender, spray the fries one more time and place in the broiler on low for 2 minutes. This will give the fries a little extra crisp.
Full recipe: Jalapeño and Onion Burger
Cheap Ebook Cookbooks for Beginners:
Meal Prep: The Best Meal Prep Recipes Cookbook for Preparing Clean, Delicious, and Nutritious Meals (Meal Prep, Meal Prep Cookbook, Meal Planning 1)
Crockpot Cookbook: 100 Quick and Easy Recipes for Healthy Slow Cooker Meals (Crockpot Recipes, Crock Pot Cookbook, Crock Pot Recipes Cookbook, Slow Cooker Recipes)
Clean Eating: 25 Healthy Recipes to Lose Weight with Amazing Speed
30 Healthy Dinner Recipes For Rapid Weight Loss: Impress Your Loved One! (Best Recipes for Dieters Cookbook Book 1)
For more Recipes Made Simple, follow me on Pinterest @mvernst07
And for help planning meals visit $5 Meal Plan
A super easy, quick and healthy dinner! Cooking doesn’t have to be complicated.
I took four chicken breast and covers them with black pepper, granulated garlic, and a little bit of salt. Grilled for about 6-7 minutes each side.
For the vegetables, I just sliced them up big enough so they wouldn’t fall through the grill grate and cooked them until they were tender.
I steamed the broccoli in a pot until tender.
Then I drained and rinsed a can of black beans and cooked in a pot until warm.
You can put whatever seasonings you want on these vegetables but I find the grill gives them a nice smokey flavor.
- 4 chicken breast
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow squash
- 2.5 cups of fresh broccoli
Nutrients: (2 servings)
Fats: 12 g
Carbs: 25 g
Proteins: 64 g
This turned out pretty good, the only thing I didn’t do was season the chicken itself. I would recommend seasoning the chicken with at least salt and peppers before cooking
Ingredients: (2 Servings)
- 2 Large Chicken Breast
- ½ Cup Cottage Cheese
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Dry Italian Seasoning
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- ½ Cup Tomato Sauce
- 2 Medium Zucchinis
- 8 Baby Bella Mushrooms
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Seasonings: Dry Italian Seasoning, Basil, Granulated Garlic, Salt, and Pepper
- Cut Chicken in half and smash thin.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together cottage cheese, 1 teaspoon Garlic, 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Spread cottage cheese over the chicken and roll up.
- Place chicken on a baking sheet and cover with the desired amount of tomato sauce.
- Bake for 30 minutes in a 400-degree oven
- Spiralize 2 Zucchinis
- Sauté in a pan with 1 Tablespoon of olive oil, garlic, and Italian Seasoning. Cook until tender.
- Remove stems from the bottom of the mushrooms.
- Place cap side down in a baking dish and drizzle 1 Tablespoon of olive oil over the mushrooms.
- Sprinkle Garlic and Oregano on top.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes at 400 degrees
Once you plate the dish, pour your desired amount of tomato sauce onto the Zoodles, sprinkle some Parmesan cheese on top, serve, and Enjoy!!!
Estimated Nutrients: Per Serving
Fats: 23 grams
Carbohydrate: 21 grams