Meal prepping is one of the easiest ways to help stay in control of your eating habits. Whether you are counting calories or doing portion control containers, doing a simple meal prep will make eating healthy easier and more convenient.
Ingredients: (1 serving)
- 5 ounces of Shredded Chicken Breast (1 red container)
- 1 cup of steamed Broccoli (1 green container)
- 1/2 Bell Pepper (1/2 green container)
- 1/2 cup of Quinoa with Brown Rice (1 yellow container)
Continue reading Recipes Made Simple: 21 Day Fix Friendly Lunch Meal Prep
This is my large lunch meal prep for the week
- Chicken Thighs (hand trim fat)
- Little potatoes
- Salt, pepper, garlic
- Taco seasoning
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- Chicken: Hand-trim fat off the thighs, place thighs in an aluminum cooking pan and cover with taco seasoning. Add half a cup of water to the bottom of the pan and cover with 2 layers of aluminum foil. Place pan on a cooking sheet and cook for 2.5 hours. After the 2.5 hours take out of the oven, keeping pan covered, let stand for another 30 minutes.
Potatoes: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Quarter the little potatoes and spread onto a greased cooking sheet. Spray potatoes with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste. Place in oven and cook until tender. When tender, take out spray with cooking spray and place in broiler until the tops are crisped.
Rice: In a large pot bring 7 cups of water to a boil. Place 1.5 cups of rice into the pot and cover, stirring occasionally. Cook until all water has been absorbed by the rice. I like my rice kind of think and sticky.