As part of my Recipes Made Simple Cooking Guide, one of my favorite sides to use are sweet potatoes. This recipe is very simple. All you will need is 1 large sweet potato, 1 tablespoon of cinnamon and cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 400-degrees
- Peel potato and cut into fries
- Spread fries onto a baking sheet and spray with cooking spray.
- Evenly coat the fries with 1 tablespoon of cinnamon.
- Place into the oven and cook until tender usually 15-20 minutes depending on how thick you cut your fries.
Optional: once tender, spray the fries one more time and place in the broiler on low for 2 minutes. This will give the fries a little extra crisp.
Full recipe: Jalapeño and Onion Burger
Cheap Ebook Cookbooks for Beginners:
Meal Prep: The Best Meal Prep Recipes Cookbook for Preparing Clean, Delicious, and Nutritious Meals (Meal Prep, Meal Prep Cookbook, Meal Planning 1)
Crockpot Cookbook: 100 Quick and Easy Recipes for Healthy Slow Cooker Meals (Crockpot Recipes, Crock Pot Cookbook, Crock Pot Recipes Cookbook, Slow Cooker Recipes)
Clean Eating: 25 Healthy Recipes to Lose Weight with Amazing Speed
30 Healthy Dinner Recipes For Rapid Weight Loss: Impress Your Loved One! (Best Recipes for Dieters Cookbook Book 1)
For more Recipes Made Simple, follow me on Pinterest @mvernst07
And for help planning meals visit $5 Meal Plan
Ingredients: (3 Servings)
- 16 Ounces Chicken Breast
- ½ Seasoning Packet: McCormick Garlic, Herb, and Wine Seasoning Packet
- 1 Peppers
- 20 Baby Carrots
- 1 Large Cucumber
- 12 ounces of Snow Peas
- 1 ½ Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Seasonings: Dry Italian seasoning, Granulated Garlic, Red Pepper flakes, Salt, and Pepper
Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- 2 Large Sweet Potatoes
- ½ Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Raw Honey
- 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. There should be enough water to cover the potatoes
- Skin and cut potatoes into ¼ inch thick pieces and place into the boiling water until tender.
- Drain the potatoes and put them back into the pot. Add the coconut oil, almond milk, cinnamon and honey, mixing until all ingredients are well mixed together
- In a bag mix Chicken Breast and McCormick’s Seasoning together.
- Place in on a cooking sheet in the oven for 20 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Slice pepper, carrots, and cucumbers, and place them in a bowl with the snow peas.
- Toss vegetables with olive oil, and dry seasonings
Plate, serve, and Enjoy!
Nutrients: Per Serving
Fats: 12 grams
Carbohydrate: 76 grams
Protein: 40 grams
- 1 pound of sweet potatoes $.99 per pound
- 1 red pepper $.73 per pepper
- 4 eggs $1.66 per dozen= $.55 for 4
- 1 large cucumber $.75 per large cucumber
Total cost= $3.02 for the whole meal, that feeds 2
*Price are based on National Average
Eating healthy doesn’t have to cost you an arm and a leg. You can make very simple healthy meals for less than a value meal at McDonald’s.
Buying meat at the market that is getting ready to expire is usually sold at a discounted price. Buying foods like this, then freezing them allows you to use them when money is short. Buy fresh veggies and not the steamed bags. Make your own coffee at home instead of going to Starbucks.
Making small changes in your spending can make a huge difference over time